La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur

10:38



I picked this up after the launch, used it for a good while and then it was forgotten but since the sun has decided to show its face in the UK I thought it was time to bust it back out again. 

I realised I had never reviewed it here so here are my thoughts... 
So this is a BB cream of sorts, but I actually find its more like a tinted primer, think Benefits Porefessional with a bit more coverage, well actually quite a lot more coverage. I suffer with blemishes and scarring and this manages to cover both really well whilst filling in any pores to give a very smooth base. It definitely feels more of a skincare type product on the skin and also contains a generous SPF20 which is handy.

I found it was best to apply with a brush and dab over with a beauty blender to hide any brush strokes. It is pretty sloppy on the skin so I would go for a setting spray just incase as the finish is already very matte and adding powder just wouldn't work. Layering a bit of bronzer and blush is ok but be very light handed as it will cling to the brush and leave a cakey mess. I found the shades to be slightly muddy when heavily applied but for a natural coverage it did blend seamlessly into my jawline.

I think this is a really great one for those girls (like me) who have problem skin and struggle to find something suitably lightweight for the summer heat but still with enough coverage. Very quick and easy to apply and blend and it does work well with most other make up once you master what application technique is best. It's also a great price too, I will be continuing to use mine for as long as the sun holds out. 

Have you tried this? What did you think? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments