Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

14:57


Nars All Day Weightless Foundation (30ml/ £32), shade Mont Blanc.

"Weightless, 16 hour wear, Oil Free. All day luminous weightless foundation reaches an extraordinary level of perfection with ultra lightweight complete coverage and a uniquely fluid silky feel. Ideal for all skin types and tones. It sweeps on weightlessly, absorbs quickly and blends easily for all day natural luminosity. Without oil, alcohol or fragrance."


So here we have the new Nars foundation, it is packaged in a sleek frosted glass bottle and comes with a pump unlike the other Nars foundations, the pump is a special design as it only gives about half the product of a normal pump and one of those pumps is supposed to be enough to cover the entire face. I actually use 1 pump for each half of my face and if I need to I use a third pump to cover any redness or blemishes. 

So you have to shake the bottle thoroughly because it is such a thin consistency, it reminds me of the L'oreal Magique Foundation and the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in the way that the pigment and coverage is there (this is a medium buildable to full coverage) but the formula is still weightless rather than thick and creamy like the Mac Studio Fix or Laura Mercier Silk Creme.

The foundation does not stay wet on the skin, it dries straight in and leaves a demi matte but glowy finish (almost identical to the finish of the Perfection Lumiere Velvet), therefore, even for oily skin only needs setting in the Tzone. This is supposed to be good for all skin types but I think it would definitely work best on oily or normal skin as it does tend to cling to dry areas, I also find it creases and settles into fine lines throughout the day which wouldn't be great for aging skin. They boast 16 hour wear but on me it only lasted around 6 hours.

They recommend applying this with finger tips but I find this is only good for a lighter coverage as most of the product is wasted. I tried applying this with a brush but found it left the foundation sitting in my pores but from other reviews this seems to work best for most people, I found a damp sponge was the best way to get an even full coverage finish.

I don't think I would buy this again as I prefer the Chanel version but it is still a very nice foundation, have you tried it?

You Might Also Like

0 comments