Strobing For Oily Skin

13:08


I love the strobing trend and wanted to share how I achieve the look even with my oily skin, below I have listed the different products that I would recommend and then how I have been using them myself, layering the products carefully to keep my natural oils at bay and the highlight exactly where I want it.


Benefit High Beam (£19.50), Topshop All Over Glow (£8), Chanel Le Blanc De Chanel (£33).

The bases, these are all highlights that I use as a base underneath my make up, but all three can also be used alone or over make up too.


Vichy Normaderm (£16), Rimmel BB Cream Matte (£6.99), Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (£33), L'oreal Infallible 24hr Matte (£7.99), Jouer Matte Moisture Tint (£30).

The foundations I use over the glowy base, all of which are matte finish but they all let a little skin shine through so still look healthy and not cakey, they also keep my natural oils under control.


Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Duo #4 (£21), Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight (£33), Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow (£9.99), Sleek Contour Kit (£6.49), Bobbi Brown (£33).

The highlighters, all with a champagne finish, very natural looking and all buildable. The Revlon brick is slightly more on the glittery side but still works, the Bobbi Brown is great with a bit of fake tan and the Kevyn  Aucoin creamy duo is great for using with cream products when I'm not using a lot of powder.



My typical face lately starts off with the Topshop All Over Glow all over my face, then followed by my matte base Vichy Normaderm BB Cream with a damp sponge, then for concealer I have been using one the same skin tone for my blemishes Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla and then one a few shades lighter for my under eye area and between my brows, the Urban Decay Naked Concealer in Light Neautral. I add a light powder contour with the Sleek Contour Kit, bronze all around the outskirts of my face with Nars Laguna and add a natural peachy blush Nars Final Cut. For my highlight I mainly go for the Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight or the Sleek one, I prefer powder because it controls my natural oil at the same time, I apply it above my brow bone, on my brow bone, along the bridge of my nose but not at the tip, on my cheek bones but don't bring it any further in than my pupils and lastly on my cuspids bow. I then set everywhere else with a matte powder, usually the Ben Nye Cameo powder to make sure all the shine I don't want showing stays matte. For eyes I have been reaching for the more metallic shades instead of my typical mattes, I have been loving the Burberry Eye Colour Cream in Mink and add a bit of my highlight in the inner corner to make the eyes pop and lastly for lips I try to keep them natural looking too, a bit of nude liner typically my Mac Subculture with a lip balm over the top for a bit of gloss. Then just a spritz of one of my facial sprays to help all the powders mesh with the skin and look natural.

I hope this was helpful for any oily girls who think they can't get on board with this trend.





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love High Beam for my skin it's such a great highlighter and you only need a tiny bit meaning it lasts for years!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete