Chanel Les Beiges Powder

12:05





I finally decided to take the plunge last month and pick up the famous Les Beiges compact so I wanted to give you a few thoughts on it.

This is basically a sheer pressed powder which can be used either over your usual foundation or on its own for a very sheer base, the latter just doesn't cut it for me as my skin requires a medium to full coverage to get an even finish but I did not buy this with the intention of using it as a base I just wanted something light and healthy looking to set my foundation for the spring and summer months. 

So what's so amazing about this powder? Well as I say it's very sheer and lightweight, super finely milled so you can barely feel anything on the skin, there is no heavy cakey feeling with this whatsoever which is lovely when you already have a face full of foundation. This is great for the warmer months especially because it doesn't mattify the skin it leaves a lovely healthy glow but still sets everything else in place, (I use a different powder to set under my eyes as I prefer a matte finish in that area) and this can be touched up as many times as needed throughout the day because instead of separating the make up underneath it seems to blur everything back to perfection so I have been keeping this in my bag for this exact reason. This powder has the signature Chanel scent which I love but is worth noting for those who don't like scented products. Also worth noting is that these powders, even though sheer, are very pink toned (I have yellow toned skin and it still works for me) which is a shame as the shade range isn't very wide. There is no shimmer or glitter in these powders they just manage to keep the skin looking healthy by some Chanel magic. Finally as for the packaging, of course it's gorgeous, a sleek cream compact (as opposed to the usual black) with a large mirror which comes in a velvet pouch to protect it in your bag. Love.

I would say this is an overpriced product but considering how much you use at a time (and there is barely any fallout) I think it will last forever which technically makes it worth the extra pennies.

Have you tried these powders?


You Might Also Like

0 comments