Mac Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

07:00



I was first in line at my local MAC a few months ago when this launched and I was so excited to try it and maybe find a new holy grail foundation, but unfortunately I was pretty disappointed. So firstly the packaging is great as it is in a tube so you have full control of how much you want and it also has a clear strip around the bottom so you can see when you are running low, the downside is that the lid is slightly rounded so it doesn't stand up by itself and also the bottle only holds 25ml of product as opposed to the usual 30ml, for pretty much the same price. So this is supposed to be a foundation but can also be used as a concealer, it's a thick cream formula which leaves a slightly dewy feel on the skin but more of a demi matte finish to look at. I found this quite hard to get an even finish with this foundation and needed up using more product than I actually needed just to achieve it and I found it did feel pretty heavy on the skin even when applied sparingly so that wasn't really what I was expecting either considering the 'nourishing' name. I also didn't find the wear time to be anything amazing, it seemed to melt away after around 8 hours on my oily/combination skin. As for the waterproof claim, I can't really say I tested that part out but I didn't find it hard to remove at the end of the day so I suppose that's a good thing. I did however like this as a concealer, it has good medium coverage, can be layered up and seemed to work well with my other foundations. Overall I was disappointed but I will be continuing to use it as a concealer.

Did you try this? Did it work for you?

You Might Also Like

0 comments