Christmas Fairy Cakes

20:43

As my Christmas present to the rest of my team at work I decided to make cupcakes instead of going with the traditional buying alcohol or chocolate, I just thought it would be a bit more personal if I did something with a bit more thought. I took a few photos whilst I was making them so I thought I'd show you.


The recipe I used was the 'Fairy Cake' one by Mary Berry

100g softened butter
100g caster sugar
100g self raising flour
2 large eggs
1 level teaspoon of baking powder

Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees, mix everything in a bowl for 2-3 minutes, divide into cake cases and bake for 20 minutes. For the chocolate cakes, she says replace the 100g of flour with 75g flour and 25g Cocoa powder (Bourneville is the best).


I picked up all my toppings at Asda, I wanted to steer clear of the traditional rainbow coloured hundreds and thousands so I went for some tiny marshmallows, some white chocolate stars and some milk chocolate chips. The icing I use almost every time is the Betty Crocker Vanilla Icing but this time I picked up the Chocolate Fudge too.






And here are the final results...



Have you tried this recipe before?







You Might Also Like

0 comments