Winter Wonders, The Make Up

11:00


I have decided to do a series of two posts about a few of the products I would recommend for the winter months, this is the first which is the 6 make up pieces I would use to get a wintery, festive look.


Base

For base I definitely recommend a little bit more coverage to hide those red patches we all end up with in winter time but I also recommend keeping it as natural as possible. I have chosen the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation as it is a very thin consistency with high coverage and a powdery matte finish with a natural glow, I know the powdery finish isn't for everyone so I have also included a newer release the Dior Star Foundation which has the same light consistency and coverage but leaves a slightly more dewy finish which would be better for those with slightly more dry skin. In winter, a nice chiseled cheek tends to look really strong with a good brow and a bold lip, so I have also included a contour product by the name of Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Duo #4 I chose the cream contour because I think the creams give a bit more of a natural look and adding too much powder in the winter can dry the skin out even more, the cream highlight in this duo is gorgeous and natural too.


Lips & Eyes

For lips of course I have to go with the reds, so first of all a true matte red is the L'oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Blakes Red this is a bright christmas red that I think would look good on almost any skin tone for day or night, and then there is the dark plum option in the form of the Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lipstick in the shade Razzberry which is a super creamy lipstick that feels great on the lips and is really moisturising (perfect for winter time). Lastly for eyes I picked a palette that I have been loving for the last few months, the Nars And God Created The Woman Palette which has such a gorgeous mix of browns in mattes, shimmers and glitters which are perfect for the party season but also perfect for work in the day time.

I hope you liked this post and look out for the skincare version which will be up in the next few days.



You Might Also Like

0 comments