Review. Antipodes Manuka Honey Mask

20:49

The famous Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask, I decided to order this last pay day and have been trialling it since then. I got this from the Feel Unique website and it was £21.50 for 75ml.


Antipodes won Best Natural Range in the Natural Health Awards 2012.

A deeply moisturising, cleansing and anti-oxidising treatment.

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask features a traditional remedy of New Zealand Maori people, manuka honey, which powerfully draws moisture to your skin to hydrate it intensely. Fragrances of vanilla pod and mandarin linger to bring peace and balance to your aura - meaning you're tending both your skin and your spirit.

Directions:
Smooth thick layers of Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask over your face and neck at sunset, every glorious evening. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse with warm and pure water.

Ingredients:
Aqua (water), Leptospermum scoparium mel (manuka honey), Persea gratissima (avocado oil), Glycerine (vegetable), Cetearyl alcohol, Stearic acid (coconut derived), Glycerol stearate (coconut derived), Tocopherol acetate (Vitamin E), Vanilla planifolia (vanilla oil), Citrus reticulate (mandarin oil), Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Daucus carota sativa (carrot oil), Pohutuakawa (metrosideros excelsa) extract, Citrus grandis (grapefruit seed extract), Iodopropynyl butylcarbarnate.

* Above information has been taken directly from the Feel Unique website.


So it is in a small metal tube which is great because it means you can use every last drop of the product, and the fact that it is metal means the ingredients will stay fresher for longer, the recommended life for this mask once opened is 6 months.

The product itself is a thin creamy consistency, it is recommended that you apply 'thick layers' of the mask all over your face (and neck if desired), but I find it hard to create a thick layer with such a thin consistency, when you try to add more you end up taking more off kind of thing.

I have used this mask 4 or 5 times now, I apply it to very clean skin and leave for 15 minutes or so, the mask doesn't harden as such but does begin to feel stiff on my face after about 10 minutes, not uncomfortably so by any means, I find my skin is definitely smooth and hydrated after I have removed the mask, my pores do look less obvious (compared to before) and my face looks a lot more healthy and radiant. I cannot comment on the cleansing aspect of this mask as I have only ever used it on clean skin, but moisturising and hydrating it most certainly is. I don't know the science behind it but I assume that the reduced pores are due to the 'anti-oxidising' ingredients in the mask.

The instructions for use also say this is 'also ideal for treating spots and blemishes as they arise', I haven't found any great improvement in my blemishes after using this mask (I have generally bad skin all year round, prone to constant spots, as one leaves another appears) the blemishes do not seem to be smaller, dried out or less red, I have also tried this as a direct spot treatment by applying a small amount to the individual spot, which has also been unsuccessful, so on the matter of treating blemishes I can say that in my experience it has definitely been ineffective.

I probably wouldn't buy this mask again because I have so many more on my list to try, but I will say it is great for the winter months as my skin looks and feels so much more healthy when I use this. I have a lot left so I will continue to use it, maybe a bit more often so I can see what else it has to offer, I would say that even though it is quite expensive, it is good value for money as it seems a little goes a long way.

I hope this review was helpful, and if you have any tips or recommendations, please leave me a comment below

You Might Also Like

0 comments